Construction contractors in the UAE say costs expected to rise
Construction contractors in the UAE reacted to the government's ban on the use of outdoor labour between 12.30pm and 4.30pm from July to August by saying it would delay projects and increase costs. According to the Gulf News, the directive from the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs was introduced to spare labourers from the peak afternoon summer heat.
- Gov't not expected to compensate contractors affected by rising steel prices
- Cost of construction less in GCC compared to other major markets, says Hyder Consulting
- Construction costs in Bahrain to rise
- Take a wild guess: how much is the GCC expected to spend on construction by 2030?
- UAE’s Contractors Expect Sector will be Revived next Year