Construction of Musheireb project on track
Dohaland today announced that construction of its 35 hectare downtown development Musheireb is proceeding on schedule and raft concrete pouring for phase 1A of the project was currently under progress.
The first phase of Musheireb includes the construction of the Diwan Amiri Quarter, which comprises Diwan Annex, Amiri Guard and the National Archive, and a Heritage Quarter that includes the Eid Prayer Ground and four heritage houses. The phase is scheduled for completion in 2012.
Eng. Issa M. Al Mohannadi, CEO of Dohaland said, “The concrete pour marks an important milestone for Dohaland and Musheireb. The construction of the project, in line with projected timelines is a reflection of our commitment to the regeneration and revitalization of the heart of Doha. The mixed-use development will create a new commercial business hub which will provide the residence with more residential and recreational options.”
The overall concrete pouring on the project's 35 hectare area will consist of around 1.2 million cubic meters of concrete, enough to fill approximately 500 Olympic swimming pools. Concrete pours can prove challenging in desert climates, and the Musheireb project contract specifications have been incorporated to include special preparations, placement and curing methods to ensure successful results. Measures include the use of crushed ice within the concrete mix during transport to maintain the required concrete controlled temperature during transport.
Mr Mohammed Al Marri, Director – Projects, Dohaland said, “This concrete pour is a key moment in the construction work for Musheireb. We are working closely with the project management team to ensure that the construction is delivered on time and in accordance to the highest safety and building standards.”
Dohaland’s QR20bn (approx) Musheireb project will be completed in five phases, with the first phase 1A due for completion by 2012. Enabling works for this phase were awarded to Bauer last year, while infrastructure works were awarded to CAT in March 2010. All works are currently in progress as per schedule. The construction contract was awarded earlier this year to a consortium of Hyundai Engineering and HBK Construction.
Phase 1B comprises Offices, Qatari town houses, Apartments, Amenities, Hotels, Civil Buildings, Schools and Mosques. Schematic Designs for this phase are complete and subsequent design phases are in progress, while procurement of main design architects and executive architects is complete and the procurement of interior fit out consultant for hotels is in progress. Enabling works for this phase were also awarded to Bauer in March 2010, and work is progressing according to schedule.
- Saudi intervenes to keep Mecca-Medina project on track : "final warning" to avoid slowing high-speed rail service
- 2014 and Dubai's realty: from euphoria to caution
- How will plunging oil prices affect Dubai's glittery real estate sector?
- Home prices in Israel makes making ends meet impossible for families
- Putting their eggs in tourists' baskets: why Dubai's real estate developers are shifting to hospitality
- Dohaland achieves Health and Safety milestone on its Musheireb project
- Dohaland awards AED 182 million contract for District Cooling Plants in Musheireb project
- Qatar's Emir renames ‘Heart of Doha’ project as ‘Musheireb’
- DOHALAND awards construction contract to consortium of Hyundai Engineering & Construction Co. Ltd and HBK Contracting Co WLL