Construction of new major parking lot planned
Plans to develop a 600-car parking lot in Bahrain's market area were recently revealed. Tenders for the project are expected to open in about a month.
Work will commence simultaneously with the first phase of the market's renovation, according to Gulf Daily News, which also includes the renovation of Bab Al Bahrain Road.
"Everybody agreed that parking was an essential issue for the reactivation of the suq, so it was agreed to build this parking lot earlier," said Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BCCI) Retail Traders and Old Suq Committee chairman Jawad Al Hawaj.
- Dubai Customs plans to increase number of customers’ parking lots
- Khalifa City to get a major revamp with the help of Dh2.2 billion projects
- Bahrain plans to build state-of-the-art park
- Marks & Spencer announces plans for major New distribution centre at DP World London Gateway
- Bahrain PM OKs new park construction