Criminal charges filed against two persons during raids on Dubai software resellers
The Dubai Police in coordination with the Arabian Anti-Piracy Alliance (AAA) recently raided a reseller in the emirate for illegally downloading software, and arrested two persons in this connection.
The raid led to the seizure of two personal computers loaded with pirated computer software including Windows XP and Office XP. An additional 19 computer software discs loaded with Windows XP, Office XP, all versions of Adobe Photoshop and Autocad were also impounded.
The recent raid is part of a concerted campaign being carried out by the UAE Government as part of their efforts to eradicate the menace of software piracy. These raids also act as a warning to software pirates and help in spreading awareness amongst end-users on the importance of installing only original software on their computers. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Sharjah Police seize two PCs loaded with illegal software in surprise raid
- Dubai Police seize pirated software in Dubai oil company raid
- Abu Dhabi Police raids three companies for using pirated software
- Man arrested in Dubai for trading in Illegal software
- Microsoft Gulf and UAE Ministry of Economy collaborate on raids against two computer resellers in Dubai