Currency and Banking
Except for a few anomalies, Algerians are prohibited from holding real and financial assets abroad. Algerian importers are permitted access to foreign currency as long as they possess the dinar equivalent of the hard currency cost of the imports.
© 2000 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- HSBC Bank Oman corporate clients explore chinese currency’s increasing role and new opportunities in world trade
- Egypt's Central Bank to allow foreign currency facilities for importers
- UAE money supply increasing
- UAE: Money supply on the rise
- Emirates Islamic Bank announces successful completion of foreign currency bank note exchange campaign