Customer uptake of Wataniya Telecom's Action service exceeds forecasts
Kuwait's Wataniya Telecom has reported that its advanced GPRS / MMS service branded 'Action' is witnessing massive take-up, as the number of Action customers reached 35,000, more than double the figure from the end of December 2003.
"At close of play last year, Wataniya forecasted 10,000 and we exceeded that number by close to 50 percent," said CEO and General Manager of Wataniya Telecom, David Murray. "By the end of February, Wataniya will beat our forecasts again for uptake of Action – climbing to well over 35,000 active customers using MMS and GPRS related services," he said.
Launched in 1999, Wataniya Telecom has a market capitalization exceeding $3.4 billion. The company has been a driving force in increasing the mobile communications market penetration in Kuwait to over 69 percent of the population. — (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Wataniya Telecom Action subscribers reach new peaks
- Wataniya Telecom launches Kuwait's first mobile movie news service
- Report: Egypt's mobile connections outstrip their fixed-line counterparts
- Qtel achieves 58% year-on-year revenue growth in first quarter 2009
- Kuwait's Wataniya Telecom launches eight new GPRS and MMS roaming services