Cyprus and Egypt discuss Exclusive Economic Zone
Cypriot Minister of Commerce, Industry and Tourism Nicos Rolandis recently presided over a ministerial committee meeting, which focused on the issue of the demarcation of an Exclusive Economic Zone between Cyprus and Egypt.
Rolandis said that the talks with Egypt on the issue of the Exclusive Economic Zone were at an advanced level. He noted that the government would proceed with negotiations with other countries of the region, as well.
He indicated that at the present stage, there were some problems with Eastern Mediterranean countries, which did not allow an agreement to be reached on the issue of the Exclusive Economic Zone. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Cyprus, Lebanon to delimitate exclusive economic zone
- Cyprus, Syria, Egypt to decide on exploitation of oilfields by end of year
- Cypriot minister on official visit to Beirut
- Egypt, Syria see Cyprus as conduit for selling gas to EU: Cypriot minister
- Damascus, Nicosia agree on joint oil exploration off Cyprus