Dallah Al-Baraka $100 million media projects taking shape
The imminent media campaign of Saudi Arabia’s Dallah Al-Baraka Group (DBG) is taking shape. DBG Chairman Saleh Kamel recently revealed that the group plans to invest in four mass media vehicles: a news agency, an English-language radio station, a multi-language television channel and a US-based public relations firm.
Estimated to reach costs of $100 million, DBG’s media initiative is designed to present an alternative picture of the Muslim world to that broadcasted by the mainstream international media.
Headquartered in Jeddah, the Dallah-Al-Baraka Group is a global investment organization. It has an annual business budget of six billion dollars with operations in 43 countries around the world. Its fields of activity include trade operations, industry, real estate, information and finances. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Saudi Group launches worldwide pro-Islamic media campaign
- Dallah Al-Baraka constructs new resort in Morocco
- Malaysian investment bank and Saudi Dallah Al-Baraka form Islamic Investment alliance
- Saudi group threatens to implicate Western banks in Sept 11 lawsuit
- Dallah Al-Baraka contracted to maintain Mecca’s holy sites