Danish Group calls on Jordan to utilize loans granted to private sector
Eid Bawasleh, Economic Advisor of the Danish Group, recently called on Jordanian businessmen to take advantage of opportunities awarded by the Danish government to the Jordanian private sector three years ago. The Danish Group is comprised of ten major Danish firms.
Under the agreement, the Danish government awarded the sector $40 million worth of soft loans at zero interest, according to Addustour daily.
However, the Jordanians have thus far utilized only 20 percent of the loans for development projects in agriculture, environment, water and energy. –(MENA Report)
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- World Bank grants loan in support of Jordan’s public sector reform
- GCC Investment Strategy and Sectors Outlook for 2006
- Oman: Amount of government soft loans to private sector
- Last Call for Entries in the Ford Motor Company Conservation and Environmental Grants
- Corporate Social Responsibility campaign for Sharjah’s private sector enterprises launched