Danube Building Materials records 30 per cent overall growth in FY’09-‘10
Danube Building Materials, the leader in construction, building materials and shop fitting industries, announced that it has achieved 30 per cent overall growth in FY’09-‘10. The excellent results the leading manufacturer has recorded underlines its strength despite the challenges posed by the dwindling market as a result of the recent global financial crisis. In addition to securing significant growth, the company has also undertaken major expansion initiatives, which has expanded its market reach further across the region, as well as to India, one of the world’s fastest-growing economies.
The most recent milestones achieved by Danube in the past fiscal year include the subsequent inauguration of two 'Danube BUILDMART' branches worth AED 15 million each – in Ibn Battuta Mall, Dubai and in Bawadi Mall, Al Ain. Further, the company also unveiled its ‘Danube BUILDMART’ branch in Mumbai, India, located within the city’s well-known Oberoi Mall on June 25, 2010, marking its first international branch outside of the GCC.
“The growth we have seen for FY’09-’10 is a true testament to our strength and resilience, as well as our capacity to meet customer demands, which has evolved significantly due to the unique situation created by the global financial meltdown,” said Rizwan Sajan, Chairman, Danube Building Materials. “This success has been the result of our foresight, strong strategies, and ultimately, the value for money we offer to our customers. In addition to launching new stores, we have also invested in expanding our production capacity, while maintaining unwavering focus on ensuring the quality of all our products.”
Being built as part of its expansion plan in the coming years, the company has invested AED 50 million in a manufacturing facility located in TechnoPark, Dubai, to boost its production volumes and meet the demand as the market approaches full recovery. Spanning 1.3 million square feet, the new facility will be completed in phases and is expected to commence operations by early 2011. As a testament to the overall success of Danube, a certificate for the ‘Dubai Quality Appreciation Programme’ (DQAP) has been awarded to the company in April this year, in recognition of its noteworthy activities and achievements.
- A burst bubble? Dubai property set to drop in 2015 as currency adds to woes
- Construction meets Sharia: settling disputes the Saudi way
- Six savvy tips for choosing a real estate agent
- 'Selective softening': How Dubai's stabilizing property prices are in no way inclusive
- Abu Dhabi's Louvre: how far has it come and how far will it go?
- Danube records successful 25 per cent growth in 2011
- Danube Building Materials posts 21 percent growth revenue for first half of 2011
- Building materials prices expected to rise by 5 per cent in the third quarter of 2008
- Middle East’s top construction trade event posts 30 per cent growth in number of exhibitors