DCCI to create publishing business group
The Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry (DCCI) recently met with representatives of the printing and publishing sectors in Dubai to announce the launch of a new business group. DCCI membership of the sector has grown by 72 percent since 1997, from 291 members to 406.
The Printing & Publishing Business Group, the latest of four new recently formed business groups is designed to represent and convey member interests more effectively with support and legal backing of the Chamber.
So far, new business groups have been created under the umbrella of the Chamber for the foodstuffs trading, land transport, and pharmaceutical and health equipment, and building materials sectors. New business groups are also planned for food and beverage manufacturing, and organizers of exhibitions and conferences.
Delegates attending yesterday’s meeting agreed to elect a committee of between eight to 11 members to head the new Printing & Publishing Business Group. Members will vote on nominations at a meeting attended by DCCI officials shortly. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Conference organizers form new business group backed by DCCI
- Dubai’s pharmaceuticals sector growth 45 percent since 1997
- Dubai printing and publishing business group committee elected
- UAE building materials trading and manufacturing group elects committee
- Food and Beverage manufacturing group elects representative panel