DED retains ISO certification for second year
The Department of Economic Development (DED) announced that it had recently completed its combined first and second surveillance audit for the ISO 9001:2000 certification. The DED, which first received the certification in 2002 from Bureau Veritas Quality International (BVQI) is now eligible to continue its registration with the quality organization accredited by UKAS. The Department will also incorporate the ISO certified logo in all its official documents and correspondence.
“The ISO 9001:2000 has incorporated several new features into its model and is now specifically focused on customer satisfaction, which is a key component in our operations at the Department of Economic Development,” said Ali Ibrahim, DED deputy director general, Government of Dubai.
“Achieving and retaining this internationally recognized certification has been a significant landmark in our internal drive for quality, because we have regularised our procedures in accordance with standard international requirements,” he added. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Ooredoo; first ISO 9001:2015 certified mobile operator with UKAS accreditation
- Dubai eGovernment secures ISO 9001:2000 certification for the second year in a row
- Dubai Customs earns the ISO 10002 certification for the second running year
- Dubai Customs again succeeds in earning ISO 10002:2004 certification for the 5th successive year
- Batelco announces completion of ISO 9001:2000 QUALITY audits