Degussa MBT adopts Microsoft Business Solutions
Microsoft Business Solutions has signed a major deal with Degussa Construction Chemicals (CC), historically known as MBT Middle East. The company will use the Microsoft Axapta solution to streamline its operations and improve its manufacturing processes.
The deal represents one of the largest licensing deals ever signed by Microsoft Business Solutions in the Middle East and is also the first sale of its Axapta solution in the region.
MBT Middle East, which is part of specialty chemicals group, Degussa, plans to use the enterprise resource planning solution across its operations, starting with the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Egypt and Turkey. The company will deploy Axapta's finance, trade, supply chain, logistics, manufacturing and customer relationship management (CRM) modules.
Degussa comprises of six specialty chemicals divisions. The Orient and Africa region covers all Gulf States, Yemen, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Iran, Turkey, Greece, the entire Indian Sub-continent and all of Africa. Its regional office is based in Dubai. In fiscal 2002, Degussa generated operating profits (EBIT) of more than €900 million. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Microsoft Business Solutions to exhibit at GITEX 2002
- Microsoft announces organizational changes in the Middle East
- Microsoft Business Solutions Consolidates Management
- Al-Rostamani Group installs Microsoft technologies in 19 branches
- Microsoft Business Solutions and eSolutions to meet rising demand in the Middle East