DEI awarded maintenance contract for Algerian gas plant
Scotland’s Development Engineering International (DEI), a branch of SKF Reliability Systems, has been awarded a contract to develop a maintenance program for the In Salah Gas project in Algeria, stated a press release.
In Salah Gas, a joint venture project between BP and the Algerian state energy company Sonatrach, is scheduled to come on stream in 2004 and produce nine billion cubic meters of gas per annum.
The deliverables from DEI will include an optimized maintenance schedule utilizing Condition Based Maintenance, planned maintenance routines and the data required to populate the clients computerized maintenance system.
This approach allows the system to support continuous improvement in the maintenance function through periodic reviews of the cost benefit of maintenance activities.
DEI is an international reliability management consultancy involved in the application of technology to provide asset performance improvement along with the reduction of maintenance and operation support costs. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Baker Energy wins maintenance contract for Burlington Resources in Algeria
- ABB wins three-year maintenance partnership agreement in Oman
- Algeria’s In Salah Gas Project to use Aspen Technology for operator training
- Emirates and GE join in $200 million engine maintenance agreement
- GE wins $200 million service contract for UAE power and water plant