DHL Airways adds new flight to Bahrain International Airport
A DHL Airways registered DC8 aircraft made its inaugural flight into the Kingdom of Bahrain when it landed on a at Bahrain International Airport last week. The new DHL Airways weekly service upgrades the total number of Intercontinental freighters into Bahrain from seven to eight per week.
This additional service increases DHL's available capacity both into and out of the Middle East by a further 20 percent, offering connections to DHL's major European hub in Brussels and the Global Network.
The DHL network links over 120,000 destinations in more than 220 countries and territories, and employs 71,000 people. DHL is majority owned by Deutsche Post World Net. In the Middle East, DHL was the first air express company to operate in the region in 1975. Four years later it established the region's first air express airline and was the first to register its freighter aircraft in the Gulf. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- DHL commits to Bahrain International Airport
- Bahrain-UAE Airways Capacity Increases by 40%
- Jazeera Airways inaugurates flights to newly-opened Al Maktoum International at Dubai World Central
- Qatar Airways continues Middle East expansion with flights to Dubai World Central and Sharjah
- Bahrain International Airport welcomes first flight of Al Masria Universal Airline into the Kingdom of Bahrain