Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre (DICEC) is establishing Zabeel Hall, that will add 15,000 square metres or 30 per cent more exhibition space to the current complex's capacity.
According to Gulf News, DWTC director-general Helal Saeed Al Merri and DWTC Board Member Abdulla Mohammad Rafia laid the foundation stone for the project. In recent years, there was a rise in demand for exhibition space as Dubai’s MICE (meetings, incentives, conventions and exhibitions) industry expands in both scope and scale. DWTC has played a major role in supporting the growth and development of this industry through the provision of high level facilities.
- DWTC begins construction of new exhibition hall, adding 15,000 sq. m. of available space for booming conference sector
- UAE: Sheikh Hamdan approves DWTC masterplan
- Work starts on DWTC’s AED 82 milion employee residential project
- Dubai World Trade Centre beats the record for occupancy in 2006
- GITEX 2005 to provide additional space in order to meet rising demand