Diners Club raises acceptance levels in UAE
Diners Club United Arab Emirates (UAE) has entered into an agreement with National Bank of Dubai (NBD) to offer Diners Club cardholders an increased level of service by raising its number of network terminals in the UAE, as well as helping to recruit additional merchants for Diners Club card acceptance.
The deal allows Diners Club to have access to National Bank of Dubai's network of point of sale terminals in the UAE. Terminals in the UAE which are distributed amongst NBD merchants, will permit authorization and electronic capture of transactions entered into by Diners Club cardholders.
The institutions have also agreed that NBD will approach its existing POS merchants as well as new merchants in order to facilitate the acceptance of Diners Club cards at such establishments in line with the selection criteria of Diners Club.
Diners Club UAE has been operating since 1976 as a member of the Emirates Bank Group. The Diners Club card is an all-purpose charge card that is recognized by establishments worldwide. In 2002, Diners Club added to its card offerings by launching the UAE's first Diners Club credit card. — (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Mashreqbank upgrades UAE merchants with 4,600 point of sale terminals
- Nad Al Sheba Golf Club 8th Ladies Amateur Open Participants Win Shopping Vouchers With Tournament Sponsors Diners Club
- Diners Club launches new UAE credit card
- Diners Club Generously Donates Funds to Welfare Association With Yet Another Successful Charity Golf Tournament
- WCGC Participant Wins 2 Airline Tickets to the Golf Destination of His Choice with Championship Sponsors Diners Club