District cooling plant for Dubai Healthcare City
Blueprints for a Dh250 million district cooling plant for Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC) have been unveiled. According to Gulf News, Sheikh Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Deputy Ruler of Dubai and Minister of Finance and Industry, yesterday displayed plans for the plant, to be built by Empower.
The total site of DHCC comprises of two phases, including disease treatment, prevention and wellness facilities. The first phase, located behind Wafi City, Dubai, is approximately 4.1 million square feet in size. The second phase, dedicated to wellness facilities, will be announced soon. DHCC's services and facilities will be available to the UAE, the whole of the Middle East, and surrounding regions. Under the auspices of the Center for Healthcare Planning and Quality (CPQ), Harvard Medical International and DHCC will oversee a quality assurance system that will guide continuous improvement throughout the entire site.
- Empower commissions Business Bay Executive Towers District Cooling Plant
- Empower hails media’s role in highlighting importance of district cooling
- Empower’s district cooling consumption rose 13.6% in July 2011 against same period last year
- First phase of the Dubai Financial District well under way
- Tabreed contributes Middle East district cooling expertise at the third International District Cooling Conference