DNRD records 50 percent jump in visitors from visa-on-arrival category countries
The Dubai Naturalization and Residency Department (DNRD) has recorded a 50 percent increase in the number of visitors from the 33 countries that enjoy visa-on-arrival status, according to a press release.
More than one million visas were issued for nationals of these countries by DNRD at the Dubai International Airport during 2003. The 33 countries that enjoy visa-on-arrival status in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) include the US, France, Germany, Australia, Canada, the Netherlands, UK and Italy, among others.
DNRD recently installed a fast-track electronic passport control system at the Dubai International Airport, eGate, that offers card-operated access to the airport to travelers through pre-registration. eGate helps passengers complete passport control within a few seconds, using an electronically operated foolproof fingerprint identification system. Dubai Airport is the first airport in the Middle East and the third in the world to install such an advanced passenger clearance system. — (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- e-Gate fast tracks immigration for travelers to Dubai
- DNRD to solve parking problem in its premises with construction of new building
- e-Gate registration at Dubai Airport draws enthusiastic response
- Dubai introduces pre-paid e-Gate vouchers for corporate users
- Dubai International Airport to operate passenger e-Gate