Doha: Demolitions continue as housing shortage mounts
Demolitions of old buildings continue in the Qatari capital even as the emirate suffers from an acute shortage of housing supply, leading to rising rents.
According to the Peninsula, Doha Municipality issued during September 98 permits for demolition, whereas occupation certificates issued to ready housing units totalled just 90, the newspaper reported. In addition, 183 licences were issued for constructing new buildings during the month of September.
- The slavery episodes continue: Qatari workers facing a "severe food shortage"
- The not-so-natural housing crisis facing East Jerusalem
- Israel Under Pressure from US, Europe over ‘Provocative’ Demolitions
- Kuwait: Housing shortage reported
- Blocking Bulldozers: Handful of Israelis Resist Demolition of Palestinian Homes