Doha talks anti-money laundering
The Middle East and North Africa Financial Action Task Force (MENA FATF) against Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing began a three-day meeting on 14 May under the chairmanship of HE Deputy Governor of Qatar Central Bank and Chairman of the National Anti Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing Committee Sheikh Fahad bin Faisal Al Thani.
The MENA FATF is reviewing periodic reports from 15 Arab and African countries on countering money laundering and terrorism financing.
The meeting brings together more than 45 officials from Finance Ministries, Central Banks and Financial Information Units of the participating countries. The Seventh Annual Report of the MENA FATF was published to coincide with the meeting.
- Tunisian, Moroccan Chambers of Commerce meet to discuss economic partnership
- Winter wonderland: Dubai debuts Aspen Chalets with view of Ski Dubai
- Egyptian economic experts predict inflation rate will continue to climb
- Shoura Council: Expats cannot buy property in Mecca, Medina, Riyadh
- Tensions increase between Egypt, Italy over renewable energy projects