Dolphin Energy constructs Al-Ain–Fujairah pipeline
The Abu Dhabi-based Dolphin Energy (DEL) has begun laying a gas pipeline connecting Al-Ain to Fujairah in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The new link will transfer the gas from Maqta, near Abu Dhabi, to Al-Ain and then on to Fujairah—the site of the UAE Offsets Group (UOG)’s new power and desalination plant.
In December 2001, DEL and the government of the UAE signed a $10 billion contract launching a pipeline to supply the UAE with Qatari gas. DEL and TotalFinaElf hold 24.5 percent of the project’s shares, AFP reported.
DEL and Qatar Petroleum (QP) have recently concluded a development and production sharing agreement (DPSA), with the supply of Qatari gas to the UAE set to begin over the next few year. The gas transported by the new pipeline, however, will not originate from Qatar but will be brought in from other sources, a DEL source told Gulf News. --(menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- India’s Dodsal to lay Dolphin Energy gas pipeline
- Qatar to finalize Dolphin Energy pipeline construction next week
- Agreement imminent over $10 billion Dolphin gas pipeline
- Priced tenders due this week for dolphin energy’s taweelah – fujairah gas pipeline construction
- Dolphin constructs Taweelah-Fujairah Gas Pipeline