Donors Conference in Paris to discuss Yemen’s economic issues
Yemen’s Deputy Minister for Planning and Development, Hisham Ali Sharaf said that the International Conference of Donors, which is expected to take place from October 16-18 in Paris will debate possible ways of developing the Yemeni economy.
The conference, he said, would review several issues pertaining to economic development and progress of the nation’s poverty eradication strategies. Participants at the conference will also discuss ways of collecting funding for the initiative and other developmental programs.
Saba quoted the Yemeni official as saying that some 35 countries and 15 regional and international organizations would attend the conference, at the request of the World Bank. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Yemen Consultative Group Meeting
- ADB holds workshop on harmonization of the views of donors and development partners
- International conference on industrial pollution in Doha
- Islamic economic and finance conference to be held in Bahrain
- Top conference on Islamic economics and finance to be held in Bahrain