Mohammad Bin Rashid Boulevard goes wireless- all the way!
Visitors to Downtown Dubai, the flagship mega-development of Emaar Properties described as ‘The Centre of Now’, can now enjoy free wireless connectivity across the entire 3.5-km-long Mohammad Bin Rashid Boulevard, the bustling heart of the community.
Emaar has joined hands with du to offer visitors the free Wi-Fi connectivity. The initiative follows the ‘Smart City’ project announced by His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice-President and Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, with the objective of providing all Dubai residents with high speed internet in public places and ‘live’ services and information.
Already operational, the Wi-Fi connectivity can be accessed for free by all visitors to Downtown Dubai along the Mohammad Bin Rashid Boulevard.
Othman Sultan, Chief Executive Officer of du, said: “Today’s announcement marks a definitive step towards realising the vision of His Highness Shaikh Mohammad for Dubai as a progressive and global Smart City like no other. Achieving this vision is a collaborative effort; our role as a telecom company is to leverage technology to more convenience, more fun and more happiness for people, anytime, anywhere, in a more connected world. The investments we have made in a future-proof network infrastructure are designed to cater to the future needs of our customers and meet the aspirations of a Smart City at large.”
- The 'ironic' struggle for Turkey's internet freedom
- Forget the iphone 6 for a second and pay attention to Apple and the 'smartwatch revolution'
- A piece of cake? Egypt's 'baseeta' e-service for completing government documents gains popularity despite legality concerns
- When will the iphone 6 come to the Middle East?
- Filters vs. proxies: the tug of war between Iranian authorities and online browsers