DQG signs MoU with United Nations Development Program
The Dubai Quality Group (DQG) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) to promote international quality standards and quality management systems among professionals, enterprises, and the public sector in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
Under the terms of the MoU, DQG and the UNDP will exchange expertise and undertake joint initiatives aimed at promoting and sharing best practices and raising awareness about quality in all aspects of professional and organizational development.
UNDP's cooperation with DQG will be part of UNDP's overall technical cooperation program in the UAE that aims to support institutional development and support to the UAE's participation in the global economy.
As quality is an integral element of institutional development and global competitiveness, UNDP has previously worked with the government on several quality initiatives. UNDP quality initiatives in the UAE include; the introduction of quality standards and certification in the public sector and with the federal government as well as local authorities.
DQGwas set up in 1994 as a non-profit business organization by the Department of Economic Development under the patronage of Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed Al-Maktoum as its honorary Chairman. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Morocco's Al-Akhawayn University forges anti-poverty partnership with UNDP
- Etihad Airways signs MoU to provide commercial aviation training to the UAE armed forces
- Abu Dhabi University Knowledge Group partners with Etihad Airways to boost mutual cooperation in human resources
- Dubai Quality Group signs MoU with Kuwait's Jabir Quality Award
- ADIB signs MoU with EIBFS to develop new Islamic banking programs