A miracle? a dream? A reality! Change your network, keep your number!
After long last, we're really going to be able to switch to a different network and keep the same number on our business cards. Excuse me while I dance for a bit, K? In accordance with the TRA’s directive to roll-out Mobile Number Portability in the UAE, commonly referred to as MNP, du is fully ready and has announced an awareness campaign, inviting both individual and business customers to indicate their interest in shifting to du, ahead of MNP’s official launch in December, it said in a media statement.
The news first broke in October--but it seemed so far away. Now it's only in December! That's so close! Woo!
"Continuing its lead as an innovator and a pioneer of many telecom firsts in the UAE, be it Number Booking Campaign, Pay by the Second®, Self Care portal and many more, du’s MNP awareness campaign is called ‘change’ which reflects the UAE’s status as a dynamic society with visionary leadership," the statement continued.
To indicate their interest in switching to du and be notified as soon as MNP is available, customers can simply send an SMS ‘CHANGE’ to 3553 or visit du.ae/change.
With Mobile Number Portability (MNP), mobile users have the flexibility to enjoy all the benefits of being a du customer, without losing their existing mobile number. By switching to du, the only changes customers will notice will be faster download speed, lowest call drops (according to TRA’s report: UAE Cellular Mobile Networks Benchmarking 2012: http://www.tra.gov.ae/cellular_mobile_networks_2012.php), superior calling rates and endless benefits, not to mention access to live entertainment and offers.
Announcing the readiness for MNP, Fahad AlHassawi, Chief Commercial Officer, du, said, “We have many firsts to our credit, and we are delighted to announce that now we are also the first telecom operator to offer people in the UAE the option to indicate their interest in switching to du and experience the freedom of MNP. We invite everyone to go ahead and indicate their choice, now!”
- Oman’s Duqm tourist complex moves forward with government approval
- Kuwait fights budget deficit: Reexamining government salaries, expatriate labor
- Tunisian Confederation of Industry, Trade, and Handicrafts fights nationwide unemployment levels
- Construction costs fall in Dubai
- Western tourists flock to Iran, could generate $30B in new revenue
- Iran's nuclear deal: separating political dreams from economic realities
- What's your number? du’s MNP campaign video gets star power boost from Hussain Al Jasmi
- GO launches the special numbers booking campaign
- Reconsidering the fork and knife hegemony: how cultural intelligence can land you the job of your dreams
- Get your business plans ready: El Mashrou3 back for Season 2!