A miracle? a dream? A reality! Change your network, keep your number!
After long last, we're really going to be able to switch to a different network and keep the same number on our business cards. Excuse me while I dance for a bit, K? In accordance with the TRA’s directive to roll-out Mobile Number Portability in the UAE, commonly referred to as MNP, du is fully ready and has announced an awareness campaign, inviting both individual and business customers to indicate their interest in shifting to du, ahead of MNP’s official launch in December, it said in a media statement.
The news first broke in October--but it seemed so far away. Now it's only in December! That's so close! Woo!
"Continuing its lead as an innovator and a pioneer of many telecom firsts in the UAE, be it Number Booking Campaign, Pay by the Second®, Self Care portal and many more, du’s MNP awareness campaign is called ‘change’ which reflects the UAE’s status as a dynamic society with visionary leadership," the statement continued.
To indicate their interest in switching to du and be notified as soon as MNP is available, customers can simply send an SMS ‘CHANGE’ to 3553 or visit du.ae/change.
With Mobile Number Portability (MNP), mobile users have the flexibility to enjoy all the benefits of being a du customer, without losing their existing mobile number. By switching to du, the only changes customers will notice will be faster download speed, lowest call drops (according to TRA’s report: UAE Cellular Mobile Networks Benchmarking 2012: http://www.tra.gov.ae/cellular_mobile_networks_2012.php), superior calling rates and endless benefits, not to mention access to live entertainment and offers.
Announcing the readiness for MNP, Fahad AlHassawi, Chief Commercial Officer, du, said, “We have many firsts to our credit, and we are delighted to announce that now we are also the first telecom operator to offer people in the UAE the option to indicate their interest in switching to du and experience the freedom of MNP. We invite everyone to go ahead and indicate their choice, now!”
- Samsung Electronics Levant holds the prescreening for Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron
- Samsung S6, S6 Edge receive warm welcome in Saudi Arabia
- Mission to Mars: UAE plans Arab region's first unmanned probe
- Eclipsing Facebook and Twitter: WhatsApp most popular social media site for Arabs
- More technology, less fashion: Why fashionistas haven't exactly fallen for Apple's smartwatch
- Iran's nuclear deal: separating political dreams from economic realities
- What's your number? du’s MNP campaign video gets star power boost from Hussain Al Jasmi
- Reconsidering the fork and knife hegemony: how cultural intelligence can land you the job of your dreams
- Get your business plans ready: El Mashrou3 back for Season 2!