Dubai’s eContribution service to raise funds for Iraqi people
Dubai eGovernment and Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al-Maktoum’s Humanitarian and Charity Foundation have recently announced the launch of eContribution, a new initiative to raise funds for the “Our People in Iraq” campaign through the Dubai eGovernment portal.
The fund, which has been set up to alleviate the unfolding humanitarian crisis in Iraq, will support the organization’s role in delivering key supplies of aid to various emergency areas in the country. Donations to Dubai eGovernment’s eContribution initiative to help the Iraqi people can now be made online, thanks to the rapid implementation of Comtrust’s ePayments service.
Secure credit card contributions can be transacted through a link provided at the Dubai eGovernment portal www.dubai.ae, which offers an alternative, more convenient method of supporting a worthy cause.
Ahmad Abdulkarim Julfar, General Manager, Comtrust noted, “The current political situation in the region causes great concern to all of us. The government and people of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) have taken the problems of the Iraqis to their hearts and responded with moral and financial support.”
Comtrust, the e-solutions business unit of Etisalat – Emirates Telecommunications Corporation – the national telecom of the United Arab Emirates, was launched in 2000 to bridge the gap in the market for a secure e-business solutions provider. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- UNICEF campaign aims to raise funds in order to get Iraqi children back to schools
- Dubai eGovernment launches online donation campaign to help war victims in Lebanon
- Emrill supports fund raising efforts by the Rashid Paediatric Centre
- ENOC’s Ramadan CSR campaigns make positive influence on thousands of people
- gulf for good everest base camp challengers raise significant funds for underprivileged in nepal