Dubai: $15 billion worth of investments pumped into real estate projects
According to Al-Bayan newspaper, a recently publicized report on Dubai's economy by the National Bank of Dubai (NBD) shows that $15 billion worth of investments was pumped into the real estate and construction sector in Dubai over the past three years. The report estimates the real estate sector to lure $50 billion worth of investments from 2005 until 2010.
The report added that the construction sector is now the main driver of Dubai's economy thanks to the government’s initiatives in tourism, residential building and free zones.
- TASWEEK Real Estate Marketing & Development evaluates AED 1.5 billion Abu Dhabi & Dubai investments
- TASWEEK bullish on Dubai and Abu Dhabi growth, eyes deals for worth AED 1 billion
- Aspire Real Estate to unveil local and international projects valued at AED15 billion during Cityscape 2006.
- UAE: Insurance sector pumps Dh 12 billion worth of investments
- Asian investors pump AED 9 billion into UAE property market in 2007