Dubai: 28 new public parks
Dubai Municipality is establishing 28 new public parks that would spread across 460 hectares of land, a senior government official told the GDN. "This is part of a planned landscape development that will see the current 2,200 hectare greenery expanded to 4,700 hectares by 2012," Ahmad Abdul Karim, Director of Dubai Municipality's Public Parks and Horticulture Department, was quoted as saying.
- Dubai to have its first solar-powered park soon
- Faking it: Dubai's government to do the work of mother nature to attract expo 2020 visitors
- New prayer halls to be built at Dubai's public parks
- Adding inclusivity to the list: Dubai to have disabled-friendly parks by 2016
- Dubai: Masterplan to turn 8 per cent of total acreage into greenery