Revealed: the property price difference between Abu Dhabi and Dubai
“Average asking prices in Dubai today stand at AED 5.1 million while those in the capital figure at AED 3.3 million. Whilst Abu Dhabi’s property prices have increased over the course of this year, Dubai’s residential prices have risen more significantly, widening the gap in property values between the two emirates,” said Renan Bourdeau, Managing Director & Partner at propertyfinder.ae.
“In January this year, average property prices in Abu Dhabi were valued at AED 2.3 million which is AED 1 million lower than the current average price. So, whilst the market is showing positive growth, recovery seems limited to prime neighbourhoods, unlike Dubai where the pace of growth has been widespread,” added Bourdeau.
- Sorry Dubai: why London's pricy property is still number one for ME investors
- Hubris and greed: the toxic combination that drove the rise and fall of Arabtec?
- Narrowing things down: the cheapest and most expensive places to rent in Dubai
- Arabtec's nosedive: a case study for exactly what needs to change about Dubai
- The only way towards sustainability? Why Dubai's property market needs a rent-to-own option