This new road between Dubai and Abu Dhabi will cost $572 million
Abu Dhabi General Services “Musanada” has signed two contracts for the implementation of the Abu Dhabi-Dubai Road Project, in its first and second phases, with Ghantoot Transport & General Contracting Establishment, Tristar Engineering & Construction, and Abu Dhabi Salini Costruttori SPA.
The signing of the contracts follows the Abu Dhabi Executive Council’s approval of awarding the said road project works at an approximate cost of Dh2.1 billion (USD $572 million) according to an article in Gulf News.
Mohammad Khalifa Al Fahed Al Muhairi, Musanada CEO, signed the two contracts with Ali Mohammed, of Ghantoot Transport & General Contracting Establishment (for phase1), and Naji Al Harthi of Tristar Engineering & Construction (for phase 2) in a ceremony at “Musanada” headquarters, in the presence of a number of officials from both sides.
The length of the new road is 62 kilometers and is an extension to Mohammad Bin Zayed St, from Saih Shuaib area, through Al Maha Forest to Khalifa Industrial Zone Abu Dhabi (KIZAD). It merges with the Sweihan Road (E20). The project will be completed within a span of 30 months from the date of the commencement of work.
Ghantoot Transport & General Contracting Establishment will implement the first phase of the project at a cost of Dh1.3 billion, including a 34-kilometre road and three key junctions. It starts in Saih Shuaib area on the border between Abu Dhabi and Dubai, and along with Shaikh Mohammad Bin Zayed Street up to Al Ajban Street.
The second phase of Abu Dhabi-Dubai Road, to be built by Tristar Engineering & Construction and Abu Dhabi Salini Costruttori SPA at an approximate cost of Dh840 million, includes three key intersections between Al Ajban Street and Al Sweihan Road.
- Gulfnet collaborates on global cybersecurity platform
- Middle East poised to become an industry leader in 3D printing
- UAE Space Agency, Lockheed Martin ‘blast off’ with professional training program
- Show me the money: Lebanon addresses bank transfer delay problems
- Kuwait to receive French helicopters in $1.1B deal
- Société Générale de Banque-Jordanie (SGBJ) signs an agreement with Hikmat Road Safety for the construction of a pedestrian bridge
- New 62km road to link Abu Dhabi-Dubai by 2014
- New Dubai-Abu Dhabi road 'may not solve all problems'
- Life is a highway: Alternative Dubai-Abu Dhabi route underway
- Move over Dubai! Tourists flocking to Abu Dhabi hotels in record-breaking millions, data shows