This new road between Dubai and Abu Dhabi will cost $572 million
The new road between Abu Dhabi and Dubai is 62 kilometers. (Image credit: Shutterstock)
Click here to add Abu Dhabi as an alert
Disable alert for Abu Dhabi,
Click here to add Abu Dhabi Executive Council as an alert
Disable alert for Abu Dhabi Executive Council,
Click here to add Abu Dhabi General Services as an alert
Disable alert for Abu Dhabi General Services,
Click here to add Abu Dhabi Salini Costruttori SPA as an alert
Disable alert for Abu Dhabi Salini Costrutto ...,
Click here to add Ali as an alert
Disable alert for Ali,
Click here to add Dubai as an alert
Disable alert for Dubai,
Click here to add Mohammad Khalifa Al Fahed Al Muhairi as an alert
Disable alert for Mohammad Khalifa Al Fahed ...,
Click here to add Musanada as an alert
Disable alert for Musanada,
Click here to add Naji Al Harthi as an alert
Disable alert for Naji Al Harthi
Abu Dhabi General Services “Musanada” has signed two contracts for the implementation of the Abu Dhabi-Dubai Road Project, in its first and second phases, with Ghantoot Transport & General Contracting Establishment, Tristar Engineering & Construction, and Abu Dhabi Salini Costruttori SPA.
The signing of the contracts follows the Abu Dhabi Executive Council’s approval of awarding the said road project works at an approximate cost of Dh2.1 billion (USD $572 million) according to an article in Gulf News.
Mohammad Khalifa Al Fahed Al Muhairi, Musanada CEO, signed the two contracts with Ali Mohammed, of Ghantoot Transport & General Contracting Establishment (for phase1), and Naji Al Harthi of Tristar Engineering & Construction (for phase 2) in a ceremony at “Musanada” headquarters, in the presence of a number of officials from both sides.
The length of the new road is 62 kilometers and is an extension to Mohammad Bin Zayed St, from Saih Shuaib area, through Al Maha Forest to Khalifa Industrial Zone Abu Dhabi (KIZAD). It merges with the Sweihan Road (E20). The project will be completed within a span of 30 months from the date of the commencement of work.
Ghantoot Transport & General Contracting Establishment will implement the first phase of the project at a cost of Dh1.3 billion, including a 34-kilometre road and three key junctions. It starts in Saih Shuaib area on the border between Abu Dhabi and Dubai, and along with Shaikh Mohammad Bin Zayed Street up to Al Ajban Street.
The second phase of Abu Dhabi-Dubai Road, to be built by Tristar Engineering & Construction and Abu Dhabi Salini Costruttori SPA at an approximate cost of Dh840 million, includes three key intersections between Al Ajban Street and Al Sweihan Road.
- Al Tayer bucks the US department store trend with Bloomingdale's Kuwait opening
- Gulf Islamic banks set to outperform conventional banks for second year: Moody's
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?
- Société Générale de Banque-Jordanie (SGBJ) signs an agreement with Hikmat Road Safety for the construction of a pedestrian bridge
- New 62km road to link Abu Dhabi-Dubai by 2014
- Life is a highway: Alternative Dubai-Abu Dhabi route underway
- New Dubai-Abu Dhabi road 'may not solve all problems'
- Move over Dubai! Tourists flocking to Abu Dhabi hotels in record-breaking millions, data shows