Dubai American Academy expands facilities
Officials at Dubai American Academy announced plans to begin construction on a Kindergarten and Early Years block that is scheduled for completion in September 2004.
A contract to construct a 400-meter, six-lane running track has also been signed with work on the running track scheduled to begin next month. The artificial surface running track will complement the many sports facilities and resources already available at Dubai American Academy and will support the schools' extensive sports program and interscholastic sports events.
The Early Years Block, set on Dubai American Academy's one million square foot site will feature a number of facilities specifically designed to enhance the learning experience of young students.
The new block will include specially designed science and ICT laboratories, language labs, multi-media centers and a number of indoor activity areas, in addition to a library for the primary students that will feature computers, books and resources to enhance teaching and learning.
The Dubai American Academy opened in 1998 in Jumeirah and moved to its new facility in Al-Barsha last year. The school teaches an enriched American curriculum to students from over 55 different countries. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- GEMS and Al-Kamda Trading sign agreement for Dubai American Academy expansion
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery Hospital hosted Dubai's top society
- FINE to open expanded facility in the UAE by end of 2004
- GEMS American Academy in Abu Dhabi to host basketball skills clinic with Kobe Bryant
- NBAD inaugurates First Academy in Northern Emirates