Dubai attracts high-yield Russian leisure tourism
Russia has emerged as one of the largest contributors of inbound tourism to Dubai. Last year Dubai hosted 200,000 guests from Russia and 459 Russian operators have Dubai packages. The peak season for travel is during the Russian Christmas in early January and the spring holidays in March.
The United Golf Federation (RUSGA) of Russia announced plans in September to introduce a Dubai package from early 2003, following a familiarization visit by the Dubai Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM.
In view of the growing passenger traffic on this sector, many Russian carriers including Aeroflot and Ural Airlines operate flights between Moscow - Dubai and Ekaterinburg - Dubai. Meanwhile, a large number of tourists from the CIS arrive by specially chartered flights — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Al Bustan Centre and Residence participates in Leisure Moscow Show to penetrate Russian market
- Russian Golf Federation to offer Dubai packages in 2003
- Al Bustan Centre and Residence participates in LUXURY Leisure 2013
- Dubai-Russia tourism ties discussed
- Emaar Hospitality Group offer priority passes to leisure attractions and shopping vouchers for guests this summer