Dubai boat show to set sail March 4 with 750 companies on board
The Dubai International Boat Show will open at Dubai International Marine Club on March 4. The five-day event has confirmed the participation of 750 companies and 26,000 visitors from 70 countries.
The organizers said on Wednesday at a press conference that over 430 boats valued at AED1.8 billion would be displayed at the show.
“The show’s largest-ever super-yacht to be showcased along with 42 global and regional premiers and 750 exhibiting companies. We have confirmed 30 luxury boats exceeding 21 meters, which includes 19 spectacular super-yachts,” the organizer said. “Over 70 percent of exhibiting companies are from abroad,” he added.
One of the show’s main attractions is the 88.5-meter-long superyacht Nirvana. Nirvana is one of the world’s top 50 longest superyachts and the exhibition’s largest-ever super yacht to date.
Nirvana is crafted using the world’s most exquisite materials and features two helipads, six decks, a stage for live performances, a 3D cinema and more. It has a range of 6,800 nautical miles, a maximum speed of 19.5 knots and can accommodate 12 guests in 6 cabins with 27 on board crew.
Plans for the world’s largest and fastest-ever all-aluminum yacht, the Silver-Fast 77m, which is currently under construction, will be announced by the UAE-based BehneMar Yachting Consultancy.
Market research undertaken by Dubai Maritime City Authority reveals that Dubai’s maritime sector is a major income generator for the emirate, contributing AED14.4 billion to Dubai’s GDP.
“Dubai’s role as a highly influential maritime hub has gone from strength to strength, with the boat show continuing to set the bar higher year-on-year. Undoubtedly, the show has served as a cornerstone by bringing together the best the industry has to offer on a globally visible platform to drive the regional boating industry,” said Helal Saeed Almarri, director general of Dubai Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) and CEO, Dubai World Trade Centre.
Saeed Hareb, vice president, Dubai International Marine Club and senior adviser of Dubai International Boat Show, said: “Dubai is set to become the world’s leisure maritime capital, thanks to modern marina facilities, strong maritime tourism infrastructure, and increasingly-knowledgeable boat-buying customers.”
The event will host 16 UAE-based boat builders. UAE-based Gulf Craft, one of the world’s top 10 super yacht manufacturers, will bring eight boats to the show. “We welcome visitors aboard the Dubai International Boat Show 2014, from key buyers looking to purchase a super yacht, to casual maritime enthusiasts excited to see the world’s most impressive yachts,” said Trixie Loh Mirmand, senior vice president of Dubai World Trade Centre, which organizes the event.
- Shoura Council: Expats cannot buy property in Mecca, Medina, Riyadh
- Tensions increase between Egypt, Italy over renewable energy projects
- In wake of failed coup, Turkey shuts down all Gulen-linked businesses
- Saudis, Jordanians top the list of Arab property buyers in Dubai
- Mandatory health insurance required for Dubai residents
- Dubai International Boat Show set to celebrate spectacular 20th Anniversary
- French companies at the Dubai International Boat Show
- dubai international BOAT show DOMINATES WITH RECORD GLOBAL PREMIERS AND FASTEST EVER SUPERYACHT
- AED 100 million Superyacht sold at Dubai International Boat Show
- World’s top yacht builders and marine sports companies confirmed for Saudi international boat show