Dubai to build world's tallest tower
Emaar Properties is to construct the Dubai Tower. Speaking to shareholders at the Annual General Meeting, the Company's Chairman, Mohamed Ali Alabbar, said that construction will begin before the end of the year.
“The government has approved the project and has already allocated a prime piece of land at the Sheikh Zayed road for the Burj Dubai and has given us the motivation to think big since the world class project was initiated one year ago,” said Dubai Crown Prince and United Arab Emirates (UAE) Defence Minister, General Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al-Maktoum
The tower will create a whole new urban space in what is now home to more than 100 nationalities. The development would spur overall growth in economic activity by feeding the upcoming mega projects such as the Dubai International Finance Center and the existing Dubai Internet and Media Cities and the new Knowledge Village.
Emaar Properties is a Public Joint Stock Company listed on the Dubai Financial Market. Besides real-estate projects, Emaar also owns and manages subsidiaries such as Dubai Bank, Amlak Finance, Emrill property and facilities management services, and its recently launched IT company, Sahm Technologies. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- CTBUH: Rose Rotana Tower in Dubai Is the World’s Tallest Building Built during 2007
- UAE: World's tallest hotel tower in Dubai Park Square Tower
- French urban climber Alain Robert, also known as "Spider-Man", scales the Cayan Tower, the world's tallest twisted building
- Construction of world's tallest tower on track in Dubai
- As if one wasn't enough: Dubai aiming for world's tallest twin towers