Dubai chapter of Skal highlights consumer service
Robert Serafin, managing director of Middle East publishing group ITP, urged the tourism and hospitality sector in Dubai to “truly know its customer” in order to achieved continued success. Serafin was addressing industry leaders at the Dubai chapter of Skal in his capacity as publisher of Time Out Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
He said: “With new restaurants and hotels springing up across Dubai, what makes the difference to us as consumers is consistent quality and service. And if you want to know what we as intelligent consumers mean by good service, look at what you as hoteliers want—because you are consumers too.”
The Dubai chapter of Skal, the international organization of tourism leaders, was launched in November with the support of Dubai Tourism & Commerce Marketing (DTCM) and 20 founding members. The membership has risen to 50 in just four months.
Registered as Dubai Chapter 672 through the Skal headquarters in Torremolinos, Spain, the Dubai members join more than 25,000 tourism professionals in more than 525 clubs in 80 countries in their pursuit for the sound development of tourism worldwide. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Leaders from Dubai’s tourism and hospitality sector promote need for clean water
- Gulf Air CEO urges change in tourism industry to counter global downturn
- Skal International urges Dubai to communicate united message
- UAE chapter of international hotel and catering association launched
- DTCM appoints new coordinators for Travel and Tourism Group