Dubai Department of Health and Medical Services implements advanced Lab System
Dubai-based Al-Babtain Group, a provider of healthcare information solutions in the Middle East, has successfully implemented the physician order communication and the advanced Lab System as part of phase II of the Integrated Healthcare Information System (IHIS) project at Dubai's Department of Health and Medical Services (DOHMS).
The new Lab System allows networking and system integration of Dubai's four major public hospitals and 20 healthcare centers with DOHMS to provide centralized laboratory services and seamless information transfer between the hospitals and healthcare centers.
The Lab solution, which went live recently, is driven by Misys Laboratory's Lab information system, a comprehensive, high-performance solution that manages specimen data from requisition entry to final cumulative report production.
Under the new lab system, each time a patient visits one of the four participating hospitals or any of the twenty healthcare centers, his medical history file is automatically updated electronically to the lab's central database, which is linked to the four hospital's outpatient clinics and health care centers.
Lab testing orders are placed electronically through the HIS system which are passed through an electronic interface to the lab system. This reduces the time it took earlier to get the required test requests to the lab. The test results are also automatically updated to the central database, thus making them accessible to all the hospitals and healthcare centers simultaneously. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Nineteen-million sq foot Phase II disclosed for Healthcare City
- Emaar Healthcare signs MoU with Department of Health and Medical Services in Dubai to open specialized medical facilities
- Dubai Police Gets Advanced Lab Equipment
- SEHA implements new Electronic Medical Records System - Tawam Hospital in Al Ain is SEHA’s first hospital to go live with the new system in Abu Dhabi
- Royal Medical Services chooses Jordan Data Systems