Dubai Duty Free records 30 percent sales increase in July
Dubai Duty Free (DDF) recorded monthly sales for July 114.7 million Emirati dirhams ($31.8 million), averaging over one million dollars per day. This surpasses the previous record of Dh 108.4 million set in January 2003 and represents a 30 percent increase over July 2002.
Sales of Electronic goods reached almost Dh 14 million in July and showed a 35 percent increase over sales in July last year. Perfume sales reached Dh 13.4 million and showed the same percentage increase of 35 percent over last July. Book sales at DDF have increased by 126 percent over the same period last year.
”We are aiming to close the year with sales of Dh 1.3 billion and with monthly figures like this, we are very much on track,” said Managing Director of DDF, Colm McLoughlin.
In December this year, DDF grew from an annual turnover of $20 million to become the fifth largest duty free operation in the world with sales of Dh 1.1 billion in 2002. The operation currently employs over 1,000 staff who represent 31 different nationalities and speak a total of 36 languages. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Dubai Duty Free records 33 percent sales increase for January
- Dubai Duty Free records 23 percent sales increase in 2002
- Dubai Duty Free: marking the 30 year leap from $20 million to $1.8 billion
- Dubai Duty Free: tracing the 30 year leap from $20 million to $1.8 billion
- Dubai Duty Free records 24 percent sales increase for 2003