In sharp turnaround, Dubai Financial Market reports impressive profit for Q3 2013
Reuters reports that Dubai Financial Market (DFM), the Gulf's only listed stock exchange, reported a third-quarter net profit. Higher trading values and an overall bullish investor sentiment drove the growth.
The firm, which runs securities trading in Dubai, earned a net profit of $22.5 million in the third quarter – up from a net loss of 1.7 million dirhams in the same period of 2012.
Third-quarter revenue more than tripled to 122.2 million dirhams, and quarterly trading value jumped to 49 billion dirhams – an impressive year-on-year growth from 8.1 billion dirhams
- Oman’s Duqm tourist complex moves forward with government approval
- Tunisian Confederation of Industry, Trade, and Handicrafts fights nationwide unemployment levels
- Kuwait fights budget deficit: Reexamining government salaries, expatriate labor
- Construction costs fall in Dubai
- Western tourists flock to Iran, could generate $30B in new revenue
- Dubai Investments PJSC reports98% increasein Q3 profit
- Talk about smashing profits, Dubai Investments reports 98% increase in Q3 profit
- Etihad Airways Q3 revenues up 19 per cent to record us$ 1.3 billion on passenger growth of 23 per cent
- HSBC Bank Oman Q3 2013 net profit increases by 20.6%
- First Gulf Bank achieves solid performance with Q3’2013 Net Profit up 12.8% to AED 1,190Mn; 9 Months Net Profit up 13.2% to AED 3,402Mn