In sharp turnaround, Dubai Financial Market reports impressive profit for Q3 2013
Reuters reports that Dubai Financial Market (DFM), the Gulf's only listed stock exchange, reported a third-quarter net profit. Higher trading values and an overall bullish investor sentiment drove the growth.
The firm, which runs securities trading in Dubai, earned a net profit of $22.5 million in the third quarter – up from a net loss of 1.7 million dirhams in the same period of 2012.
Third-quarter revenue more than tripled to 122.2 million dirhams, and quarterly trading value jumped to 49 billion dirhams – an impressive year-on-year growth from 8.1 billion dirhams
- A forced conversion? Top Saudi bank pledges to become fully Islamic after criticism from scholars
- Enjoying the ride: ME regional banks on plane orders 'funding' boom
- The cost of delivery: how to financially prepare yourself for having a baby
- Istanbul Tower: a cruel reminder of what could have been...for Greece
- An unfathomable figure: GCC banking assets set to hit $2 trillion by 2015
- GGICO announce AED 155 million net profit for First Quarter of 2008
- Dubai Investments PJSC reports net profit of AED 278 million for the first quarter of 2010
- LG Electronics reports Third Quarter 2008 Earnings Results
- MIS reports a third successive quarter of robust profit with 1st Half revenue
- Dubai Investments reports net profit of AED 1.035 billion for half year ended 30 June 2008