Dubai: first Middle Eastern city to host the World Entrepreneurship Forum
Dubai will have its own chapter of the World Entrepreneurship Forum with the aim of promoting entrepreneurial idea exchange and networking in the region, the Department of Economic Development in Dubai announced yesterday.
Dubai will be the first city in the Middle East to host a local chapter of the forum in December and Dubai SME, the agency of the DED in Dubai mandated to develop the small and medium enterprise (SME) sector, will be responsible for co-ordinating with the local chapter through policy ideas with regional key stakeholders to advance entrepreneurship as a core strategy for socio-economic development.
Abdul Baset Al Janahi, Chief Executive Officer of Dubai SME, said: “Dubai has seen major strides in growing into a modern entrepreneurial hub recently in the spheres of policy and strategy. Integrating fast-evolving economic and financial knowledge into our rich entrepreneurial traditions is essential to the success of our efforts. The World Entrepreneurship Forum will be a perfect fit with Dubai SME’s efforts in this direction.”
Tugrul Atamer, Executive Chairman of the World Entrepreneurship Forum, added: “Our local chapters have the very important mission to source successful entrepreneurs, academics, experts and policy makers, and identify best practices to be showcased at an international level. Dubai happens to be an excellent place to gather all key stakeholders of the region”.
- Time to face the fundemantals: GCC economies need fiscal reform to handle oil price volatility
- Contours of US-Iranian nuclear deal shaping up
- Perfect timing? France to ink controversial jet sale to Egypt as Cairo bombs IS
- Erdogan's 'unorthodox' views spark fear for Turkish economy
- Egypt seeks to ‘diversify’ weapons providers
- Dubai SME to host UAE chapter of World Entrepreneurship Forum on Dec 8 & 9
- TechWadi Global Entrepreneurship Forum held for the first time in Beirut, hosted by the Olayan School of Business at AUB
- Intel to Reinforce importance of Entrepreneurship and Education at World Economic Forum in the Middle East
- Dubai Chamber showcases global entrepreneurship at its Business Gala International