Dubai government to raise up to US$ 4 billion
The Dubai government intends to raise up to USD 4 bn within weeks, most likely through a bond issue, to fund a series of projects, Nasser Akil Abbas, treasury director in the Department of Finance, said. According to Abbas, several proposals from banks have been submitted to the Department of Finance, which is currently considering various options, including a conventional or Islamic bond and even a syndicated loan.
Dubai government had already announced it was seeking a credit rating from international agencies as a prelude to launching the borrowing program.
- Emaar to raise US$1 billion in debut Islamic facility
- Qatar raised US$14 billion through bonds and treasuries
- Middle East private equity raises record $6.4 billion in 2008
- 2014 sees flydubai achieve increased revenues of AED 4.4 billion up 19.1% and profits of AED 250 million
- Israeli government raises $1.6 billion in US-backed bonds