Dubai has green intentions: planning 20% slash in energy consumption
World Energy Forum
On October 22nd, 2012 Dubai will be host to the World Energy Forum. The event will also mark the first time the event has ever been held outside of the United Nations headquarters, which is located in New York City, U.S.
The convention will focus on clean and renewable energy for the future along with cutting edge and innovative new technologies in regards to energy and energy conservation. Energy experts from all around the globe will convene and share proposals and demonstrate ideas and any future challenges ahead for petroleum industry.
The event will also be looking at problems with the present state of energy consumption and have experts take part in talks on technologies being developed. There will be roundtable discussions along with High-Level panel and energy policies.
Incidentally, the energy forum can’t come at a better time because the supreme council of energy is striving to reduce Dubai’s energy consumption by as much as 20 percent in the next few years. This will be achieved with the transition over to solar cells that will power public lighting in parks, recreation areas along with highway lighting.
- Al Tayer bucks the US department store trend with Bloomingdale's Kuwait opening
- Gulf Islamic banks set to outperform conventional banks for second year: Moody's
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?
- As Dubai powers up for 2020 World Expo, energy consumption expected to increase 20%
- Kuwait to generate 15% of its energy news from renewable source by 2030
- Dubai Global Energy Forum 2011 showcases Dubai Integrated Energy Strategy for 2030
- News from Limitless: raise the temperature to reduce energy consumption