Dubai Holding obtains US$1.26 billion financing from Morgan Stanley
Dubai Holding today announced it has obtained financing of US$1.26 billion from Morgan Stanley, one of the world’s leading investment banks, on a fully underwritten basis.
The facility has been provided, in the form of a short-term bridge loan, to the Dubai Holding Investments Group, the investment arm of Dubai Holding. It is anticipated that the proceeds of the loan will be used in part, to fund its 100 per cent owned subsidiary Dubai International Capital’s (DIC) acquisition of a 9.9 per cent stake in US alternative asset management firm, Och Ziff, upon completion of its initial public offering.
In addition to its role as finance provider for the bridge facility, Morgan Stanley acted as financial advisor to Dubai Holding.
- Morgan Stanley licensed to establish first Middle East office at Dubai International Financial Centre
- aldar properties announces appointment of banks for a US$2.1 billion syndicated loan facility
- Morgan Stanley establishes research team in Dubai
- Dubai World repays outstanding balance on US$1.2 billion loan facility
- Morgan Stanley makes strategic move into Middle East