Dubai International Airport rated best design in the world by Conde Nast Traveller
Readers of Conde Nast Traveller have voted Dubai International Airport best airport overall in terms of design and layout which makes negotiating its shopping and duty free facilities that much easier. Within the airport category, Dubai Duty Free was also voted the best in world.
For design and layout, Dubai International Airport received 95.73 percent of reader votes while Dubai Duty Free received 96.47 percent of the votes. Overall, in terms of global-ranking, Dubai International Airport was placed at number 2 in the world.
There were 20 different categories of awards, which included best airport, hotel, airline, cruise lines, tour operators, islands among others. Readers Travel Awards questionnaires were inserted in the May 2002 issue of Conde Nast Traveller. The magazine sent the replies to Market Management,an independent market-research company, which analyzed the data.
The criteria for judging the airport category were location accessibility, design and layout, cleanliness, efficiency to check-in, efficiency of transfers, flight information, pre-flight facilities and lounges, restaurants, duty free facilities and parking facilities. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Dubai International Airport voted World's Favorite Airport by Conde Nast Traveller
- Huvafen Fushi Maldives Listed In Condé Nast Traveller 2007 Gold List for Best Service
- Park Hyatt Dubai named best hotel In Middle East
- Etihad Airways voted Best International Airline by Readers of Condé Nast Traveller India
- Park Hyatt Dubai named Best Hotel in Middle East