Dubai International Airport traffic up 13 percent in 1Q 2003
Passenger movement at Dubai International Airport in the first quarter of 2003 registered at 4.28 million showing a growth of 13 percent as compared with 3.8 million over the same period last year, stated a press release.
Dubai Cargo Village registered a 26 percent growth having handled a total of 208,071 tons of freight as compared to 165,110 tons during the same period last year.
Aircraft movement last year registered at 34,933 in the first quarter of 2002 while this year it witnessed a 16 percent growth with 40,393 movements.
First quarter sales for Dubai Duty Free (DDF) reached 294 million Emirati dirhams ($82 million), representing a 17 percent increase as compared to Dh 251.2 million ($69.7) over the same period last year.
Executive Flight Services (EFS) has also witnessed a surge of 11 percent with 846 flights handled as compared to 762 flights during the same period last year. Highest movement recorded by EFS in the first quarter was 306 in March. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Dubai International Airport passenger traffic up 12% in 3Q 2003
- Passenger traffic at Dubai airport up 10 percent in first half
- Dubai International Airport passenger traffic up 13 percent for 2003
- Dubai International Airport records 18% passenger growth in 2002
- Passenger traffic at Dubai International Airport up by 27%