Dubai International Airport voted Best in Middle East
Readers of the travel magazine Business Traveler Middle East have voted Dubai International Airport the Best in the Middle East in a recent survey. Survey forms were included in last month's edition of Business Traveler Middle East and were sent to every subscriber in the region.
The categories in the survey included Best Airline Serving the Middle East, Best Regional Airline, Best Airport in the Middle East, Best Airport for Duty Free Shopping, Best Business Hotel, Best Leisure/Resort Hotel, Best Golf Course and Best Car Rental Company.
The United Arab Emirates’ Department of Civil Aviation started planning the second phase of Dubai International Airport expansion early in 2001. The $2.5 billion expansion program includes the construction of Terminal three, concourse two and concourse three, all of which will be exclusive to Emirates airlines, and a Mega Cargo Terminal.
The entire project is slated to be completed by 2006. With the completion of the second phase Dubai International Airport will have the capacity to handle 60 million passengers a year. In the year 2001, 13.5 million passengers passed through Dubai while 15 million are expected this year. According to forecasts, 30 million passengers are expected by the year 2010. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Dubai International Airport voted Best in Middle East
- Dubai International Airport voted best in Middle East for second consecutive year
- Abu Dhabi International Airport’s Al Dhabi Lounge the best in Africa and Middle East
- 12.4 million travelers pass through Dubai Airport in 2001
- abu dhabi golf club voted best golf course in middle east - abu dhabi golf club receives business traveller middle east award