Dubai Islamic Bank wins JP Morgan Chase Quality Award
Dubai Islamic Bank (DIB), the first Islamic bank in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to have successfully implemented the full Islamic system of banking, received the JP Morgan Chase Quality Award for 2003.
The JP Morgan Chase Quality Award is an annual award given by the bank to high quality institutions among its clients base, that have achieved high operational efficiency in fund transfers. Award winners comprised less than one percent last year of the 30,000 banks and financial institutions that form JP Morgan’s clients worldwide.
DIB Chief Executive Officer Butti Khalifah bin Darwish received the award on behalf of DIB from Chris Meritzis, senior country officer and treasury services area manager for Middle East, Central and Eastern Europe and Africa, JP Morgan Chase Bank.
“Dubai Islamic Bank has always striven for quality and believes in working on continuously developing its services in order to facilitate the customer at every step. We do this through special focus on our internal operations and processes at the bank,” said Butti bin Darwish.
“JP Morgan Chase and Dubai Islamic Bank have worked together over the past seven years to build up a significant working relationship,” said Meritzis. “We have often worked together to organize joint training seminars and workshops.“
Established in 1975, Dubai Islamic Bank is considered to be the first Islamic bank in the world that has implemented the principles of Islam in all its practices. – (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank awarded J.P. Morgan Chase Bank's 2003 Quality Award
- Lloyds TSB Middle East wins JP Morgan Quality Award for the fifth successive year
- Crédit Agricole Egypt “CAE” wins JP Morgan Chase Bank Quality Recognition Awards for Outstanding Achievements of 2009 –2010 & Best-in-Class STP Rates
- CAE wins JP Morgan Chase Bank Quality Recognition awards for outstanding achievements of 2010 & Best-in-Class STP rates
- AUB wins the J.P. Morgan Elite Recognition Awards