Boundless luxury: Jumeirah signs deal to develop luxury apartments in China
Dubai-based hotelier Jumeirah Group has signed a management agreement with GT Land Holdings to operate 169 luxury-serviced residences in the Chinese city of Guangzhou.
The project is scheduled to open in 2015.
Situated on the intersection of Hua Cheng Avenue and in the centre of New Pearl City Tian He district in East Guangzhou, the apartment and hotel complex is located in a rapidly growing commercial centre.
The hotelier is also developing a 207-room luxury Jumeirah Guangzhou hotel, which is scheduled to open by 2015. The hotel will comprise 10 food and beverage outlets, a Sky Lobby on the 49th floor along with a banquet and conference centre.
The project will also feature a Talise Spa, a swimming pool, fitness centre, yoga studio and a juice bar while providing guests with access to some luxury boutiques.
“We are honoured to announce the Jumeirah Group will manage our serviced apartments in addition to the Jumeirah Guangzhou Hotel in the heart of the new central business district,” said Su Meng, chairman of GT Land.
“Jumeirah’s arrival in Guangzhou will help satisfy the demand for luxury accommodation in the city’s developing upscale hotel district.”
Jumeirah Group currently operates 22 luxury hotels, resorts and residences, including 11 in the Gulf region, six in Europe and five in Asia. A further 15 hotels are now under development.
Jumeirah Group CEO Gerald Lawless had earlier told Gulf Business that the company expected to sign a number of management agreements in 2014.
“Our big concentration for expansion really is in this region, the Middle East, and we are really keen to get into Saudi Arabia,” he said.
- Al Bustan Centre & Residence wraps up a successful participation in ATM 2015
- The reality of realty: inbound property investments in GCC 'far less' than outbound
- Dubai's hospitality sector is a sound investment
- Quiet and wise: How Oman is transforming itself into a major logistics hub
- Revealed: the top real estate tycoons in the ME
- Al Fara’a Properties breaks ground on AED 353 million Manhattan Luxury Apartments at Jumeirah Village
- Jumeirah inks deal to run 294-room resort on Saadiyat Island
- Damac joins forces with Paramount Hotels to expand luxury projects across MENA
- Luxury towers sold out: Dubai world’s hottest property market again