Magic Planet soars the skies with new iPILOT A380 simulator
Budding pilots and curious daredevils can fly the prestigious Airbus A380 in Dubai, within a realistic flight simulator, at a second location in Dubai.
The new Airbus 380 simulator, the second such gear open to the public here, enables a "total immersion experience" in an enclosed cockpit, such that even real pilots can train in them, according to its promoters at the Magic Planet, City Centre Mirdif.
The fee for this aviation adventure starts from Dh270 ($73 USD). The first realistic A380 simulator landed in April at the Dubai Mall, where a 30-minute experience costs Dh350.
iPILOT, a Germany-based operator of flight simulator experiences, brought its latest addition to the leisure and entertainment scene at Magic Planet, City Centre Mirdif.
Customers are accompanied by instructors, many of whom are experienced pilots themselves, to give an overview of the experience and explain the standard operating procedures before take-off or landing at more than 24,000 airports worldwide.
A point of attraction for residents, tourists and also a unique team-building or corporate activity, iPILOT is a dynamic new addition to the already diverse leisure and entertainment mix at Magic Planet, City Centre Mirdif.
Omar El-Banna, Sales and Marketing Director at Majid Al Futtaim- Leisure & Entertainment, said iPILOT complements Magic Planet’s diverse mix of family-oriented leisure pursuits.
The simulator, he said, offers a "unique experience", incorporates an educational component and provide "great moments" for mall visitors.
iPILOT was founded in 2009 by German entrepreneur and amateur pilot Wolfram Schleuter and has grown to nine locations in five countries.
The A380 simulator caters to individuals, team building and other corporate activities.
Magic Planet currently has 17 entertainment outlets across the MENA region.
It features video and redemption games, rides, pool table, soft play areas, rides, thrill attractions, gaming rooms and bowling alley, with a flagship store at City Centre Mirdif.
Other adventures at Magic Planet includes iFLY Dubai, Little Explorers and Soccer Circus Dubai.
- HMC’s Engineering Department holds employee training certification ceremony
- HMC requires parents or guardians to be present during a medical assessment of their sick children
- How the other half live: 50 percent of Egypt's farmers own less than 15 percent of agricultural land
- Chinese car makers ready to manoeuvre the UAE market
- A scent of growth: perfume market hits $5 billion in the Middle East
- Demand fuels growth in Emirates-CAE training business
- New full-flight simulators join Etihad fleet
- Mall of the Emirates to be launched soon
- BVR to supply simulator to armed forces of Asian country
- emirates-cae flight training launches gulfstream 550 business jet training at middle east business aviation show